Saturday, May 31, 2008

Rod Stewart Story of the Month

by jgr80

I grew up on Rod Stewart. My parents are big fans. They always played Rod the Bod in the car on trips whenever I was young. There's a special spot in me for the old fella. I'd say that spot lies somewhere in 1994 or so. Before then, there were a few times in his career I'm sure he would have liked to take back. But ever since then, he's just been ridiculous.

Roderick used to be in excellent shape. In earlier times, he was a grave digger, a fence erector, and nearly a professional footballer. Rocking out from 1962 to 2001 probably kept him in pretty good shape as well.

Poor old Rodney... I guess trying to be Frank Sinatra for the last seven years has taken its toll. His newly updated tour rider calls for 2 oxygen machines. They need to be ready for him before, during, and after his sets and are to be placed near stage.

He also needs 48 FIFA Soccer balls and $16,000 of food?!









I gotta say Tom Waits does the better version. Rodlington is close though, with special thanks to the added fromage in this video.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: